September 28, 2023
The latest research, market indicators and trade summaries from Sungarden Investment Publishing
(Return Opportunity and Risk)
If my choices are stocks and cash, what % would I have the stock market right now?
The current ROAR score is
Market in a Minute
The market always tells us a story…we just need to listen!
1. The S&P 500's 2023 return through today is 2%. That's not a misprint. I'm referring to the average stock (equal-weighted) S&P 500. The Dow is up 3%.
2. The more popular version of the S&P 500, where stocks are weighted according to size, is up 13%. Why am I doing all of this accounting?
3. Because the stock market is not what it has appeared to be. In future posts, both here and in the media outlets I write for, I'll dive deeper into this.
4. We're in the midst of a transition for 2 major market cycles. Bonds generally rose for 40 years, and stocks for 13. In early 2022, both ended.
5. These transitions are an opportunity for investors, not a hurdle. The key is 2-fold: recognition that the changes are occurring, and the tools to capitalize.
Our ROAR Score remains at 10 for the second straight week. Our 2-ETF portfolio model is 10% SPY (S&P 500 ETF) and 90% BIL (T-bill ETF)
ETFYourself.com is new, but the investment process behind it has evolved over the past 3 decades. You bring the desire, we'll provide the tools!
The S&P X-Ray tracks our latest projected trading ranges
for the S&P 500
Investment Climate Indicator (ICI)
Our big-picture opinion about the reward/risk tradeoff
facing investors in the current investment market environment.
It looks out about 6-12 months
Current Position: Stormy
Since March 16, 2023
This MOFO (Market Outlook Factor Overview)
ranks what we think are currently
the most impactful market influences
Cycle of Market Emojis
Our assessment of the market’s current mood
Current Market Mood: Denial
Since June 2, 2022
ETF Yourself is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.