Weekly Newsletter 9/21/23
The latest research, market indicators and trade summaries from Sungarden Investment Publishing
(Return Opportunity and Risk)
If my choices are stocks and cash, what % would I have the stock market right now?
The current ROAR score is
Market in a Minute
The market always tells us a story…we just need to listen!
1. After an uneven climb higher through much of this year, the stock market (even the big tech leaders) may finally be rolling over. This might just be the start.
2. While a 12-month uptrend since the low point of mid-October, 2022, appears to be breaking, we've seen this movie before. And nothing is certain.
3. The turning point occurred this week, when Fed Chairman Powell's words finally sunk in with the broader market: credit conditions will stay tight.
4. The "buy the dips" mentality has to be broken so the market can finally clear out an era of massive speculation and return to some sort of normal
5. Between higher bond rates, strong competition for stocks from T-bills, high valuations, a pile of debt (consumer/government) and more, this is long overdue
Our ROAR Score drops this week from 30 to 10, so our 2-ETF portfolio is now allocated 10% in SPY (S&P 500 ETF) and 90% in BIL (T-bill ETF)Investors should prioritize learning how to research and deploy ETFs that protect capital and exploit severe down markets in stocks and bondsAnd THAT is why we are pleased to announce...ETFYourself.com! Join us here to continue following our latest thinking and investing tools.
The S&P X-Ray tracks our latest projected trading ranges
for the S&P 500
Investment Climate Indicator (ICI)
Our big-picture opinion about the reward/risk tradeoff
facing investors in the current investment market environment.
It looks out about 6-12 months
Current Position: Stormy
Since March 16, 2023
This MOFO (Market Outlook Factor Overview)
ranks what we think are currently
the most impactful market influences
Cycle of Market Emojis
Our assessment of the market’s current mood
Current Market Mood: Denial
Since June 2, 2022
ETF Yourself is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.